Technology

Apple confirms event for March 21

Apple will live stream the event over the web as well as through its Apple TV app.

“In short, Apple is not some distant, disconnected third party unexpectedly and arbitrarily dragooned into helping solve a problem for which it bears no responsibility”, Justice Department lawyers wrote.

After all the original Apple Watch was launched at an event in March 2015 so this year will likely bring the first major evolution either in operating system or appearance. Hence, the rumor mill has been calling it with different names such as iPad Air 3, 9.7-inch iPad Pro and iPad Pro Mini. Replacing the iPhone 5s, it will reportedly include an updated processor, the same 8MP (rear) and 1.2MP (front) cameras as the iPhone 6, networking components from the iPhone6s, and NFC support for Apple Pay.

As for what to expect, the invitation as always tries to give a cunning hunt – and “Let us loop you in” does nothing to confirm anything in my view – but let the speculation begin! Rumor has it that Apple has been working on a new iPhone. Hence, the upcoming smartphone will be nearly the same as the iPhone 6, but only fitted into a 4-inch form factor.

Apple is also expected to reveal a smaller version of its iPad Pro tablet.


Image Apple

At the dedicated webpage for the event on Apple’s official website, it is stated that the keynote can be watched live on March 21 at 10:00 a.m. Last Fall, Apple updated the iPad Mini and unveiled the iPad Pro.

KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, known to make accurate predictions about Apple products, states that the iPhone SE is likely to be similar to the iPhone 5s but with a slightly more curved 2.5D glass.

Apple shares have risen in the past two weeks as Wall Street bet the company will launch a less expensive iPhone this month to boost sales in developing countries like China. And we think its stock price has almost unlimited room to run for early in-the-know investors!

With a court hearing the next day, it’s possible Apple executives could use the forum to again comment on the battle, which they have previously said puts the privacy of millions of Americans at risk.

The Shadow Moses project has been officially cancelled

In October 2015, a fan began work on remaking Metal Gear Solid (the original game) using Unreal Engine 4.

“We have to cancel the Shadow Moses Project for reasons beyond our control”, said the developer on the project’s Facebook page. No clarification was given on that vague reasoning, but the statement did end by thanking everyone for their support. Dubbed Project Shadow Moses, from the island featured in the game, the behemoth – unofficial – undertaking by Airam Hernandez was impressive to say the least. If a remake of MGS1 would be developed for PS4, it will most surely be epic. But as it turns out this won’t happen and the project has been cancelled. Konami might have some other plans in the future if they’re going to do a remake of MGS1 or probably they’ll just make Metal Gear Solid VI. Some IP holders choose to let the fan projects go unchecked, and a few even promote those remakes, but the majority tends to shoot them down.

Sad news for Metal Gear Solid fans, it looks like the Shadow Moses Project is cancelled. Konami owns the rights to the IP and nobody else is allowed to make a video game on the Metal Gear franchise apart from them.

Most gamers aren’t surprised at this news either given that Konami is not like Valve, and it was pretty obvious that based on the history of how they treated Hideo Kojima, who was obviously their most recognized employee, why would they be more lenient or accommodating to a random modder?

Apple eats humble pie after ‘error 53’ on iPhones

the Apple’s latest software update makes it possible to fix an iPhone bricked by Error 53 with iTunes, so first and foremost, make sure that you have the latest version of the application.

So now in an unusual turn of events, Apple would now fix those iPhones affected by the “Error-53”. If the Touch ID sensor button was replaced with a non-Apple component, the check would fail. The difference: The iPhone as a whole should not be bricked.

The home button contains Apple’s Touch ID fingerprint reader, which is used to unlock the device instead of the user typing in a passcode. The upside is that you can get your Touch ID replaced/fixed by Apple if you’d like the feature back.

Following this hullabaloo, the company has now made a decision to put an end to this problem as an update has been rolled out for the affected users as a new iOS 9.2.1 update. If you believe that you paid for an out-of-warranty device replacement based on an error 53 issue, contact Apple Support to ask about reimbursement’. One thing you must remember though is that although your bricked iPhone will restart again, the TouchID function will remain disabled or non-functional.

Issuing a fix with an updated version of its operating system iOS 10.9.2, Apple told the tech site TechCrunch that it apologised for any inconvenience to customers.

That’s because the Secure Enclave stored within the Touch ID sensor still needs to be paired and secured. However, many users questioned the company over the measure, saying this should lead to the disabling of the Touch ID features and not the entire smartphone.

Danger, danger: The Error 53 alert. Apple will reimburse anybody who was asked to pay for a whole new phone. Apple in a statement said that it was doing so to discourage the use of unauthorised parts.

Apple is apologizing – and fixing – the “Error 53” bug that left some iPhone devices bricked.

Complete Google’s Security Checkup And Get 2GB of Free Drive Storage

Google Gives 2G Free Storage Among Google Drive Users

Google is also encouraging users to check their Google account and privacy settings.

“With an increase in the number of users coming online and the rise in the penetration of smartphone users in India, we at Google are committed to offering users a safe Internet experience”.

Just visit this account security checkup to begin the process and claim your 2GB of Drive space.

The recovery information makes sure the user’s recovery phone and email are accurate, and allows for an update in the security question.

In celebration of Safer Internet Day on February 9, Google Drive wants to make you an offer you can’t refuse. This could include Android games, chat programs or other miscellaneous services.

Users can also take privacy and security check-ups that provide step-by-step guides to the most important privacy and security settings.

Wait, you had no idea it was Safer Internet Day? The offer is for only valid for one day where Google is giving out the free storage capacity on the occasion of Safer Internet Day 2016. The only catch is that the users have to let Googleperform a security audit of their account.

Google Drive is a useful tool, but you can always use more space.

This isn’t just a random thing Google is doing.

The changes are set to be rolled out to all Google Drive users in stages over the next two weeks, according to Google. You should ideally see a list of computers and smartphones that you have used to login to your Google account.

After checking up those devices, the user can proceed to disable access for less secure apps which is optional. The “Digital License” ensures students understand how to use digital devices, social networking and search engines, as well as how to interact with friends and strangers, manage their finances and create and share information online safely. The company is also asking users to use more complicated passwords so that their accounts are not hacked. Other than my phones showing up prior, this section showed me my Chromecast, Chromebook, Google Glass, and a bunch of applications.

The last step is to check what services have the permission to access your Google account.